Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Peaceful, easy feeling

The Eagles
Assisted Living Tour
(quote Glenn Frey)



I become more convinced all the time that I was born
in the totally wrong decade.
Not gonna lie...
I would have had an obsession with
 Timothy Schmit (far right)
 had I been a teenager in the 70's.

But seriously,
Mom got tickets to go see
The Eagles
 this past Saturday night
for Dad's Father's Day present.

And it was beyond super.

I wish I could say that our seats were this close...
but I didn't even get to take photo's because
you can't smuggle in a bulky DSLR camera.


Alas, the wonderful quality of a camera phone.


I really owe my love of good music to mostly Dad...and to Mom
(I'll give my operatic Phantom of the Opera moments to you, Mom).

I remember riding around in our super cool Pontiac Bonneville as a kid,
jamming out to The Eagles, Phil Collins, Chicago, James Taylor, etc. with Dad,
singing loudly to Hotel California,
taking a few extra laps around the cul-de-sac 
to make sure we heard the whole drum break-down in
 Phil Collin's In the Air.

I'd say Dad has pretty good taste...so thanks, Dad.

Anyways,
I'm really glad that Dad finally made it to see The Eagles.
And that I got to see real
legends.
Because they are
unbelievable.
Definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen...
and they played for 3 1/2 hours. ahhhh.

Their coolness was not lost on me.

Just for kicks, here's a new song that they performed.
Check it out.



Waiting in the Weeds
The Eagles

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I have similar memories of riding around with my dad, listening to the same songs ~ except it was in a big blue pick-up truck! I bet that was a good show. I'd have to say the Chicago/Doobie Brothers concert I went to years ago was one of the best show ever. Have you seen them in concert?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No!! They actually were here this past weekend too and I wanted to go so bad...but we chose to see The Eagles instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I have amazing drum break-down memories from that song too!

    ReplyDelete